For a high standard of clinical care and service, consult an experienced Practitioner - with over 30 years experience
1) Food Consumption
- You may not eat any solid food 4 hours prior to your appointment time.
2) Liquid Consumption
- You may not drink any liquid 2 hours prior to your appointment time.
- Take any prescribed medication as directed unless Dr Evans specifies otherwise.
- You do not need to stop taking Cartia, Aspirin, Solprin or Disprin.
- Avoid Echinacea long term (8weeks) as this herb may affect the immune system and result in poor healing
- Avoid the following supplements 2 weeks prior to your surgery:
- Vitamin E Ginseng Don Quai
- Gingko Ginger Feverfew
- Garlic Bromelain Omega 3 Fish Oil
- Black Cohosh Evening Primrose Oil
- Avoid the homeopathic remedy Arnica Montana to reduce the possibility of haemorrhage.
- If you need to take pain relief prior to surgery Panadol or Neurofen are acceptable.
- If you are unsure whether to continue with your medication, please check with our rooms.
4) General Information
- ARRANGE FOR A DRIVER TO COLLECT YOU. YOU WILL NOT BE DISCHARGED OTHERWISE.
- ARRANGE FOR SOMEONE TO STAY WITH YOU FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.
- YOU MUST NOT DRIVE, MAKE BUSINESS DECISIONS OR OPERATE MACHINERY FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.
- Wear loose fitting comfortable clothing preferably with a short sleeved top.
- Please ensure that all jewellery is removed ie earrings, necklaces, watches and tongue and facial studs and left at home.
- Remove nail polish prior to your appointment.
- You will not be able to eat yoghurt for 5 days after your procedure.
- If you develop any signs of illness or flu prior to your surgery please contact our office.
- If you need to cancel or postpone your appointment we require 7 days notice. Failure to do so may incur a cancellation fee.