Due to COVID19 we will be closed until further notice. Please email any queries to Steve Evans.
1. Food And Liquid Consumption
- You may not have any food or fluids 6 hours prior to your surgery time.
- You may have sips of water only up till 2 hours prior to your surgery time.
- We encourage you to have a light breakfast on the day of your surgery if you have an afternoon surgery time.
- You will not be able to eat yoghurt for 5 days after your procedure.
- Take any prescribed medication as directed unless Dr Evans specifies otherwise.
- You do not need to stop taking Cartia, Aspirin, Solprin or Disprin.
- Avoid the following herbal medications 14 days prior to your surgery especially as they may interact with pharmacological agents used during anaesthesia:
- Kava Kava Ephedra Chaste Tree
- Valerian St Johns Wort
- Avoid Echinacea long term (8weeks) as this herb may affect the immune system and result in poor healing
- Avoid the following supplements 2 weeks prior to your surgery:
- Vitamin E Ginseng Don Quai
- Gingko Ginger Feverfew
- Garlic Bromelain Omega 3 Fish Oil
- Black Cohosh Evening Primrose Oil
- Avoid the homeopathic remedy Arnica Montana to reduce the possibility of haemorrhage.
- If you need to take pain relief prior to surgery Panadol or Neurofen are acceptable.
- If you are unsure whether to continue with your medication, please check with our rooms.
3. What To Wear, Bring Etc
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing preferably with a short-sleeved top.
- Please ensure that all jewellery is removed ie earrings, necklaces, watches and facial studs and left at home.
- Remove nail polish prior to your appointment.
- For travelling home: - A sweater, towel, and a bowl.
- You will be at our rooms for approximately an hour and a half.
- ARRANGE FOR A DRIVER TO COLLECT YOU. YOU WILL NOT BE DISCHARGED OTHERWISE.
- YOU MUST NOT STAY ON YOUR OWN ON THE FIRST NIGHT.
4. Confirmation Of Surgery Time
- You will be phoned on the Monday prior to your surgery date. If you have not heard from our rooms by mid-day Tuesday please phone.
- If you develop any signs of illness or flu prior to your surgery please contact our office.
5. Cancellation Policy
- If for any reason you need to cancel or postpone your appointment we require 7 days notice. Failure to do so may incur a cancellation fee.